Baby Smalley #2 Growing Fast!!  BabyFetus Ticker

Monday, February 8, 2010

Sarah's Visit!

Sarah and I catching up after months of seperation, and preparing the kitchen for some baking.

Getting strarted on our triple chocolate cake!
We took Sarah out for her first Moe's experience (she loved it).

Showing Sarah the sites of the 'ham.


The final product. Amazing!


Eating cake and playing some Yahtzee. Josh the rookie dominated.

And to top it off, Sarah taught me how to knit while she was here! I'm making Josh a scarf:o)

Sarah (one of my best friends since childhood) came to visit Josh and I this past weekend for a couple of days. Her younger brothers are good friends of my younger brothers and we've all been great friends for years. Her family moved from Alabama to Tennessee about ten years ago but we've all stayed in close contact with each other over the years. I love getting to spend time with Sarah, talking about past times and what our plans are for the future. She has such a heart for the Lord, and is so encouraging to talk to about the struggles that life brings. We had so much fun getting to hang out, and catch up this past weekend and are looking very forward to another visit very soon!!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Sounds like you had a blast. I also noticed that the plate that the cake is on looked like it had been licked clean. Good job! I was so glad that I got to spend a little time with Sarah too. She is such an encouragement. Love you guys.

Adam, Bentley and Ella Carr said...

Awww, I miss her, she is so sweet. Maybe you will have some cake left for us, that thing looked yum!

Josh and Allison said...

Yeah, I wouldn't count on that Bentley :o)