Baby Smalley #2 Growing Fast!!  BabyFetus Ticker

Saturday, July 28, 2012

My Farm Boys

 Josh Introducing Sawyer to the horses
 Picking apples on the farm
 Josh getting instructions from his daddio
 Josh picking the high apples
 Duke was enjoying his afternoon snack too
 Sawyer was a content little guy just hangin out
 Josh & Saws were checking out the old green machine, sizing up what it was gonna take to get it out of the old barn
 A tow rope and a 4-Wheeler did the trick!
 Our old Blast From The Past!
 Josh found an old sign that we had gotten from a trip to a 4th of July fireworks show in Tuscaloosa during our first year of marriage. So many memories in that green car.
This is Sawyer past out after our little ATV ride around the farm. He was worn out from a day full of activities!



This past weekend our little family loaded up the car and took a road trip up to Josh's old homestead to hang out with his parents and niece, Corrine for a couple of days.  There is always something going on on the Smalley farm, and it was so much fun to introduce Sawyer to all of the things that his daddy grew up with as a boy.  I know he's still too young to really capture everything right now, but it was neat to watch his expressions when he saw things for the first time.  I think his favorite part of the trip was definitely getting to ride on the "'Mule" with his Paw Paw around the farm. He was such a content and happy little boy to just sit back and ride with the wind blowing through his hair.

MY favorite part of the trip was getting to go out (alone) with my main man and ride the old back roads of Mentone in the green machine.  This is definitely one of my favorite past times with Josh.  While we were dating in college we put in days, weeks, even months of work into getting that car in to good shape again. Afterwards, Josh and I brought it down to Auburn and would always ride around campus and in the national parks on the weekends, and then in Tuscaloosa once we were first married. And don't forget, it was our "get away" vehicle on our wedding day!  So many memories we have of that old car, and now we are trying to figure out a way to get it down to Birmingham to carry on it's legend, and one day pass it down to our first born son!

All in all we had a blast hanging out on the Smalley farm.  I always enjoy going there and getting to see a part of my husbands past.  It reminds me of some of the reasons I first fell in love with him. I know he is going to raise our son (or sons) to be the wonderful man that he has become, and I'm so thankful to be a part of that!

1 comment:

Barbara Chambers said...

I am so glad that Josh is part of your life and mine too. I know y'all had a blast. Love the update and pictures.